Behind the formation of words...

Saturday, June 30

Bawang Merah and Bawang Putih (Drama)


Once upon a time, there was a girl named Bawang Putih who lived with her step mother and her step sister named Bawang Merah. Bawang Putih is a kind girl and she is very polite. But, she is an orphaned. Her mother passed away when she was child and her father got accident when he did trip on business. Before passed away, her father married with a woman with one daughter named Bawang Merah. Different with Bawang Putih, Bawang Merah and her mother have bad attitudes. They always ask Bawang Putih to do all the house work includes cooking and cleaning up the house. One day, Bawang Putih does her task to clean the house.
(Bawang Putih is cleaning up the house and suddenly Bawang Merah came.)

Bawang Putih      : Hey Putih. You have to clean all parts in this house. This house is so dirty. Oh may be, because you are here, this house becomes so ugly like you. Hahahaha…
Bawang Putih      : Yes. Don’t worry, I will clean it soon.
Bawang Merah    : Clean my room too. It’s so miserable.
Bawang Putih      : No. You have to clean it by yourself. That is your room, isn’t it?
Bawang Merah    : How dare you say that? Moooommmm…. Mommyyyyy….. Come here, do you believe what Putih said to me?
Mother                 : What happened darling? What did Putih say to you?
Bawang Merah    : She said that I have to clean my room myself. How dare she say like that?
Mother                 : Hey stupid girl. Do you think you have right to say that? Who do you think you are, hah?!
Bawang Putih      : That is her room mom. She has to clean it. I don’t want to clean it. I have to cook for our lunch.
Mother                 : Arrrhhhhh, YOU!

(And Bawang Putih goes away from the living room to the kitchen and leaves her step mother and Bawang Merah angry)

Bawang Merah    : She starts being rude, Mom. She’s brave to us. We have to punish her. Oh Mom… She makes me angry. Arhhhh!
Mother                 : Calm down baby. I will give her punishment. Don’t worry. Just watch what I’m going to ask her. Hahaha…

Narration:
Lunch time comes. Bawang Putih already prepared the lunch for them. Putih doesn’t know that her step-mother and her step-sister have made a bad plan for her. Bawang Putih never thinks negatively to her step-sister and step-mother, even though she knows that they never treat her well.

Bawang Putih      : Mommy, Merah… The lunch is ready. Let’s take lunch.
(Bawang Merah and her mother come in.)
Bawang Merah    : What did you cook? I don’t want to eat fatty food. I’m on diet.
Bawang Putih      : Yeah, that sounds good. You become bigger day by day. You have to diet.
Bawang Merah    : What? You…. Arrrrggghhh!!!
Mother                 : Darling, you don’t have to hear what she said. You are so beautiful. She’s just getting jealous of your beauty.
Bawang Merah    : Yeah Mom, you are right.
Bawang Putih      : But, I have told you the truth, right? Your weight can’t lie.
Mother                 : Stop saying bullshit thing! Let’s eat. I don’t want to see your face longer. Arhh…
(They start to sit and eat)
Mother                 : Putih, I want you to wash all the cloth today. The washing machine was getting error and I don’t wash to wash the cloth with my hand. It can damage my beautiful nail polish. Aww…
Bawang Merah    : Yeah, me too Mom. She has to wash mine too.
Bawang Putih      : No, I can’t. I’m busy.
Mother                 : Awww aww… What did you say? Tell me once more!
Bawang Putih      : I can’t do that Mom. I’m busy.
Mother                 : You have to do it! I don’t want to hear any reasons. Now, you have to take the cloth and bring it to the river. Wash it!
Bawang Merah    : Yeah, that’s good for you Putih. You are such a maid. Hahaha…
(Bawang Merah and her mother leave Putih)
Bawang Putih      : Arrh.. Why do I have to clean this all.

Narration:
Bawang Putih takes the cloth one by one and goes to the river. In the river, she starts to wash.
Bawang Putih      : Mom and Dad. Can you hear me? I’m alone. I miss you so much. Why did you leave me alone? My step mother doesn’t love me, neither my step sister. They always ask me to do all the things. I want to hug you Mom, my tears can be hold anymore.
Narration:
While crying, Bawang Putih doesn’t know that someone watching over her. A Fairy watches her in everything that she does. Suddenly, one of Bawang Merah’s cloths was drifted.
Bawang Putih      : Arrrhhhh… That is Merah’s dress. She will be angry if that dress’s gone. How can I take it back?
(The fairy comes in to the set)
Fairy                    : Hi My Dear. What happened to you? Was something wrong?
Bawang Putih      : Who are you?
Fairy                    : You can call me Fairy. Your mother sends me to watch over you. What happened?
Bawang Putih      : Fairy, my dress was floating and I don’t know where it is now. My step sister will be angry. That dress is hers.
Fairy                    : Don’t worry, my dear. I’ll take it back.
(The fairy reads a spell and uses her stick to take the dress back)
Fairy                    : This is the dress. And now, bring it home, I already give spell to the cloth and it already clean now.
Bawang Putih      : Thank you Fairy. So I want to go back home now.
Fairy                    : Wait Putih. I have to give you something.
Bawang Putih      : What is that?
(Fairy gives her a fruit)
Bawang Putih      : What is this Fairy? I never see this fruit before. The color is gold. Can I eat it?
Fairy                    : No darling. You can’t eat it. You just have to keep it and don’t let anyone know about it until the time comes.
Bawang Putih      : The time comes? What is the time?
Fairy                    : Just keep it darling and you will know this fruit is useful for you.
Bawang Putih      : Okay Fairy. I will keep it. Thank you for this fruit even-though I don’t know what its function. (Bawang Putih hugs Fairy)

Narration:
Bawang Putih runs to her home to give the cloth to Bawang Merah and her mother. Far from the house, in the kingdom, there is a king. The King is not married yet and it means that he has no wife neither children. And now, he gets sick. The doctors don’t even know what kind of sick that is. The king tries to cure himself. What will he do?
King                    : My guard, as you know, my health is not good for now. I don’t know what happened to my body. In my dream, someone said that I have to eat golden fruit. Do you think it is possible?
Guard                  : Yes, My Lord. But, where I can find it for you? Do I have to make a competition?
King                    : That’s a good idea. Please announce that I’m looking for a golden fruit. For those who can give the fruit for me, I will make him a brother or make her a wife.
Guard                  : With my pleasure, My Lord.

Narration:
The guard comes to the centre of the city and announces the competition. Bawang Merah and her mother also hear the announcement and they decide to come to find the fruit.
Guard                  : Announcement! Our lovely King is looking for a golden fruit for his medicine. For those who can help him to find it will be given gift and if the founder is a man, he will make him brother. But if the founder is a woman, he will marry her and do whatever she wants.
(Bawang Merah and her mother are very excited.)
Bawang Merah    : We have to find it Mom. It is a great opportunity for us.
Mother                 : Yes, darling. Let’s go home and prepare it, baby.

Narration:
Bawang Putih didn’t know about the competition and she just knows from Bawang Merah and her mother. Bawang Merah and her mother talk about the golden fruit every time.
Bawang Merah    : Mom, we have to find that golden fruit. And we can stay in the kingdom with a lot of jewelry and money.
Mother                 : Yes darling. But, where we can find it? I never see a fruit that has golden color.
Bawang Merah    : What if we make it? We can colorize other fruit to become gold. Maybe it works for the King’s health.
Mother                 : That’s good idea darling… (Bawang Merah and her mother go away from the living room)

(Bawang Putih sits on the desk and start thinking)
Bawang Putih      : Is it the time? If that fruit can make The King health, I will give it to him. I don’t want his money or his jewelry, I just want to see The King healthy again.
(Bawang Putih runs out)

Narration:
The competition is ended. The king ends the competition by holding a party. All the people are asked to come to the kingdom includes Bawang Putih, Bawang Merah and her mother. Most of them bring their own golden fruit in order to get the gift. But, Bawang Putih puts the fruit inside her pocket. She still doesn’t want if someone knows about her fruit. Will she get the gift?
Bawang Merah    : Hey Putih, what are you doing here? Do you want to take your chance and want to be a queen? It is impossible. I will be a queen of this kingdom. Hahaha…
Mother                 : Darling, she is dreaming. Let her imagine that and we will see that she will fall because of her disappointment. Hahahaha…
Bawang Putih      : Yes I do dreaming. So you don’t have to worry to be defeated by me, right?
Bawang Merah    : You are so confident Putih. Just wait and see!

(The guard comes)
Guard                  : Attention, please! Give tribute for our lord, King Maharaja.  
(All people give a bow and say. “Wish you a great happiness, Our King”)
King                    : Thank you for you all. As I told you before, I’m looking for a fruit. That fruit is used to recover myself from this illness. Now I want you to give me your golden fruit.

Narration:
One by one, people come closer to the King and give the fruit. All the fruits were fake and the King becomes so disappointed. He feels like he can’t find the golden fruit. From all the people just left Bawang Merah and Bawang Putih. So what will happen?
Guard                  : Next turn!
Bawang Merah    : I will give him the real one. Wait and see here, Putih. You will dig the soil to bury your dream. (Bawang Merah and her mother moves to the front)
King                    : (Check the fruit and become angry) What is this? Do you want to kill me? I can’t eat this fruit!
Bawang Merah    : (Nervous) Oh My king, I… I… I told that you will not eat this fruit. You just say to find it. (crying)
King                    : Go Away from me! I don’t want to see your face again. (push Bawang Merah and her mother)
Bawang Putih      : My Lord, please don’t do that to my sister. I bring the golden fruit for you. This is the real one.
King                    : I keep your talk. If this is fake like the others, I will punish you with your sister and your mother! (The King eats the fruit and feels better)
King                    : This is the fruit I looked for. Now, I feel better. What is your name?
Bawang Putih      : Oh My Lord, My name is Bawang Putih.
King                    : Ah, you are too young to be my wife. But I already made promise. As I promised, I will marry who can give me the golden fruit. Will you marry me?
Bawang Putih      : Oh I do apologize My Lord. You are supposed to be my father. I can’t do that.
King                    : So, what do you ask?
Bawang Putih      : I just can be your daughter. Would you marry with my mother?
King                    : As you wish, my daughter. Dear my people, as you hear now, I adopt Bawang Putih as my daughter and purpose to marry her mother as your new queen.
Bawang Putih      : Daddy, I will not stay here. I prefer to stay in my house. It will be happier to me. Just please keep my mother and my sister save.
King                    : Why? You will be happy here with all of my money, jewelry and all of the treasure.
Bawang Putih      : No Daddy. Thank for your kindness. Mom, Merah, I will go home and stay there. Please stay here well. 
Mother                 : Oh Putih, why are you so kind? Even we always treat you badly, you always think of us. Please forgive all of our mistakes, Putih.
Bawang Merah    : Yeah Putih, please forgive me. I will not do it anymore to you.
Bawang Putih      : Don’t worry Mom, and Merah. I will always forgive you.

Narration
They live happily ever after. Bawang Merah and her mother become so kind and were loved by their people and Putih is happy in her home. From this story we know that money, jewelry, and wealth will not make us happy. But with honesty and integrity, someone can get the happiness. See you on next story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment